American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking .NET Programmers to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
· Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
· Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision.
· Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
· Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
· Unit testing as applicable.
· Providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
· Recommends possible improvements in applications.
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Mentor junior programmers.
· Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
· Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required.
· Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL.
· Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup.
· Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
· Exceeds expectations of a programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
· Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications.
· Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
· Experience with XSLT, XML. HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience.