The primary purpose of this position is to analyze, design and develop new .NET websites and applications and enhance existing systems.
· Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs.
· Writes, tests and documents the necessary code to implement approved computer programming requests.
· Verifies the accuracy and completeness of coding.
· Provides input for system changes or enhancements, giving primary consideration to the feasibility, maintainability, customer needs and overall cost/benefit and quality requirement.
· Trains customers on the new system as required.
· Documents external system design, writes specifications, and defines procedures for the new or enhanced system.
· Provides time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
· Reviews and evaluates department standards, procedures and techniques on a continuous basis.
· Recommends possible improvements and/or incorporation into production work.
· Learns new languages or technology necessary to meet the needs of assigned projects and develops skills in systems analysis.
· Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
· Coordinates the activities of project teams and/or system support teams.
· Completes or assists with detailed project assignments.
· Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
· Gains understanding of business needs in assigned project area.
· Studies and documents manual or automated procedures.
· Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit analysis of each.
· Assists in defining customer acceptance criteria (testing).
· Organizes or conducts meetings or demos.
· Reviews new systems to identify possible modifications, updates, or improvements; and continues to periodically monitor the system.
· Communicates with customers, management, application teams, and application control or development teams throughout the duration of the project;
· Serves as a consulting resource for customers.