The primary purpose of this position is responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives for complex information system problems to meet the needs of customers with minimum supervision.
· Defines system scope and objectives through research to develop or modify procedures to solve complex problems.
· Designs, codes, tests, debugs documents and maintains those programs.
· Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects.
· Writes, tests and documents the necessary code to implement approved computer programming requests;
· Verifies the accuracy and completeness of coding.
· Recommends systems changes or enhancements, giving primary consideration to the feasibility, maintainability, customer needs, and overall cost/benefit and quality requirements.
· Documents external system design, writes specifications, and defines procedures for the new or enhanced system.
· Provides accurate time estimates of the duration of projects and accomplishes them within a reasonable deviation of the original estimate.
· Continually reviews an evaluates department standards, procedures and techniques;
· Recommends possible improvements and/or incorporation into production work.
· Learns new languages or technology necessary to meet the needs of assigned projects, as directed.
· Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
· Coordinates the activities of project teams and/or system support teams.
· Completes, or assists with, detailed project assignments.
· Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
· Gains understanding of business needs in assigned project area.
· Studies and documents manual or automated procedures.
· Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit analysis of each.
· Assists in defining customer acceptance criteria (testing).
· Organizes or conducts meetings or demos.
· After the new system is operational, reviews the entire project for possible modifications, updates, or improvements; continues to periodically monitor the system.
· Communicates with customers, management, application teams, and application control or development teams throughout the duration of the project;
· Serves as a consulting resource for customers.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.