||Field Operations Support Specialist
At Essendant, we’re working to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials.
To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven associates. If you would like to be part of the team that helps supply essentials that unlock the potential of our partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved.
Supports Operations Shared Services in the management of significant support functions, such as supplier performance/compliance, SOX testing and auditing, cost reduction activities and continuous improvement initiatives. Serves
as both operational process and systems subject matter expert, while serving on LEAN or continuous improvement teams designed to drive operational cost improvement in facility operations across multiple business units.
- Manages all administrative aspects for the Essendant’ s Industrial Supplier Compliance Program.
- Analyzes/resolves disputed packaging, labeling, and shipping requirements charge backs by facility/supplier, assess supplier performance communications received and forward to appropriate department for research/resolution.
- Creates monthly billing and debit reversal files for supplier compliance charge backs.
- Serves as Operations liaison with field locations regarding supplier compliance improvement.
- Supports process and systems changes that streamline the Supplier Performance Management processes.
- Serves as an Operations liaison to other departments within Essendant Industrial, e.g., IT, Sales, Merchandising.
- Aid and participate with project teams involving operational issues and supply chain improvements.
- Support facilities by providing metrics and data that will be used to identify opportunities and resolve problems.
- Provides consistent reporting to the field, management and other stakeholders to improve fact-based decision making.
- Supports and coordinates operations process audit requirements for key management controls as part of annual Sarbanes Oxley or Internal Audit requirements.
- Supports the development of enhanced process quality/productivity reporting utilizing both process transactional data and business process functional data to drive process efficiency and standardization.
- Provide support for cross functional business or process teams
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’ s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert report writing ability.
- Expert ability to mine and validate data used in analysis and presented in easily understood format.
- Excellent ability to communicate and interface with all levels of associates, management and customers.
- Solid collaborative and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and effectively communicate areas of concern deriving from data and analysis to the Field
- Strong ability to learn new data analysis tool (i.e. SQL)
- Expert PC skills: e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year of experience in a professional working environment with a background in data mining and business support; three years of experience preferred.
Essendant is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend