At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock
the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment
of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
Established in 2004, CPO Commerce is America’s leading online tool retailer, operating more than 40 brand outlet stores including CPO Bosch, CPO DeWalt and CPO Milwaukee. CPO’s brand outlet stores are known for their full selection of new tools and accessories,
as well as the country’s largest selection of factory reconditioned tools. CPO Commerce also operates specialty tool stores such as CPOoutlets.com, ReconditionedTools.com and Tylertool.com.
CPO has shipped over 2 million orders to professional contractors, woodworkers, and handy homeowners who appreciate CPO’s commitment to its customers. BizRate has recognized CPO in its Circle of Excellence, acknowledging that CPO goes above and beyond the
norm to provide exceptional service to its customers. For seven years in a row CPO Commerce has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. www.cpocommerce.com
Comprehensive Benefits Package
At Essendant, we offer our employees a wide-range of Medical and Dental options, as well as Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Work/life balance is encouraged and we support that with Paid Vacations/PTO and Paid Holidays.
We promote growth by assisting with Tuition Reimbursement. Our employees’ futures are important to us; therefore, we offer a 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, AD&D and more.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support CPO’s product information management processes and database. With intra-company, vendor-specific and channel-specific processes, this role has layers of complexity that require a diligent and
well-organized mind. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to navigate various software applications, build data quality, fashion scaleable and error-free data processes and manage 20,000 SKUs with a team of like-minded colleagues and data
support team members.
• Develop & drive content improvement initiatives for sites and marketplaces to maximize conversion and identify required capabilities to improve
• Improve SEO by collecting and improving product content
• Maintain Data Processes: You will also help document processes, protocols and procedures.
• QA content. Ownership of that all text, numeric and media content is accurate
• Quality-assure the database to ensure that all product specifications and product descriptions are error-free and portrayed consistently across products and within categories
• Review Quartile 1 SKUs for A+ content
• Audit CPO’s site and marketplace listings for proper content execution
• Assist with the development of operating procedures, data workflows and documentation
• Collaborate with CPO vendors and software partners to extract and organize product content
• Product database management, including data collection from Essendant, vendors and merchants, data transferal and upload processes, process audits and data quality control. The database contains every piece of information about each item in CPO’s online
stores and marketplace channels, e.g. product name, price, features, weight, description, images, etc.
• Participate in product data processes and tasks coaches and mentors the data specialist and temporary hire associates • Works with other Essendant BUs in data flow and process optimization
• Reporting and analysis
• Collaborate with various functional areas, including tech/ development, merchandising, inventory, marketplaces, site operations and the vendors to build and manage CPO’s product listings and product content
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
• Familiarity with databases and product content software (e.g. Enterworks)
• Excellent language and grammatical skills
• Good organizational skills & fastidious attention to detail
• Ability to meet hard deadlines
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3 – 5 years experience
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable
competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
WE ARE BEYOND ESSENTIAL