||Full Time Regular
||The Seattle Times' Human Resources Group is seeking a personable and administratively strong professional to join in the administration of our health and welfare benefit plans. If you thrive in a fast paced team with high quality customer service and data
management solutions, this job is for you.
As the Benefits Assistant, you will have primary responsibility for administering the COBRA program; you will answer employee inquiries about benefit enrollment and plan materials; and you’ll participate in the planning and implementation of company-wide wellness
programs. You will also coordinate special projects such as the company’s annual health fair and other on-site health prevention and fitness-related events. Timely and accurate scheduling, tracking, reporting, and record keeping will all be important elements
of your role in administration.
A combination of skills are needed including communication (writing and speaking); accuracy and attention to detail; and proficiency with MS office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The Seattle Times is the trusted source for Northwest news, information and entertainment for people who care about thoughtful, independent journalism that impacts our community. As a news media company with a laser focus on journalistic standards and excellence,
we provide clarity above the content clutter and engage readers across print and digital platforms to provide news that matters where, when and how they want it– because our community wants a watchdog that cares deeply about them and their world. Founded in
1896, The Seattle Times remains a family-owned business with deep roots in principled, investigative news coverage and service to our community.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a work-life balance. The Seattle Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum two years of clerical or administrative support experience; including handling a variety of detailed tasks and customer service.
• Minimum two years of experience utilizing various software packages and programs including Word and Excel.
• Type 50 WPM accurately.
• Demonstrated ability to organize data, perform administrative processes and tasks following specific procedures and instructions, draft and edit routine written correspondence and other documentation, efficiency with multiple and competing priorities, high
accuracy in data entry and computational skills.
• Ability to become proficient with various software packages and systems.
• Ability to answer employee inquiries and issues with professionalism and to use accurate judgment on when to escalate issues to specialist or manager.
• Experience in a fast paced Benefits/Human Resources department with high standards for customer service and data management.
• College level courses in Human Resources, Accounting or Business Administration, or benefits courses.
||Send This Job to a Friend