||HAWAIIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDS DIVISION
Department: Maintenance Department
Position Title: Maintenance l
Supervisor: Property maintenance supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date: June 2009
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate
goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is
motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human
needs in His name without discrimination.
Corps/Unit Mission Statement:
Responsible for maintaining the grounds and buildings of The Salvation Army’s Manoa campus
and designated officer residences. Works as part of the maintenance team on various projects that
relate to the maintenance and operations of divisional headquarters and the Manoa campus,
including designated off site locations.
· Previous work experience in landscape and/or building maintenance
· Knowledge of and ability to maintain and operate commercial mowers, trimmers, hedgers,
chain saw, power washer, carpet machine, power tools, etc.
· Valid Hawaii drivers license
· Able to lift 50 pounds
· Able to work outdoors in hot temperatures
· Mow lawns, with mowers and line trimmers
· Assist supervisor with building maintenance such as cleaning, carpets, power washer,
plumbing, digging, roofing, electrical and carpentry repairs
· Trim shrubs and trees and fertilize and irrigate plants
· Clean walkways, parking areas, driveways (sweep, blow, power wash)
· Assist with general grounds and building maintenance
· Assist with vehicles (e.g. clean, deliver, pick up)
· Assist with moving furniture, office equipment, re-location, assembly etc.
· Keep workspace clean and orderly
· Maintain tools and equipment
· Cooperate and work with groups or teams of other employees
· Work with little supervision
· Meet goals and deadlines
· Assist with special projects and events
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
· Interact with others with courtesy and respect
· Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
· Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
· Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines
· Complete projects on schedule
· Maintain confidentiality
· Maintain regular and punctual work attendance
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching,
crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use
of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more
than 50 pounds.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to
and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephones; requires responding to written or
verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written
instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing
written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires
communication via the latest technologies
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed
by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has
the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to
perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at
will" employment relationship.
Employee’s Signature: __________________________ Date: _______________
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend