||THE SALVATION ARMY
HAWAIIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDS DIVISION
Position Title: Staff Accountant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: April 2016
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and
meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
JOB SUMMARY: Perform accounting functions including: reviewing account codes, recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, closing books, producing financial statements. Assist corps officer and/or department head of assigned unit (s) in all finance matters.
Assist supervisor in other finance duties.
• Record journal entries and reconcile accounts as assigned
• Perform monthly closings and produce financial statements for assigned units
• Assist Corps Officers and/or Department Heads of assigned units in all finance matters, including financial statement analysis, budgets, grant reporting, etc.
• Primary liaison for internal audit of assigned unit (s); assist supervisor with external audits.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions
• Able to interact with others with courtesy and tact
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
• Ability to respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
• Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to complete projects on schedule
• Maintain confidentiality
• Maintain regular and punctual work attendance
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50
pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds; travelling by airplane.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephones; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires
training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• High level of familiarity with Excel
• Valid Hawaii driver’s license
• Travel off-island as necessary
Use office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, calculators, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at DHQ. Attendance at trainings and conferences, both in Hawaii and on the mainland, is required.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees
assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee
will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Employee’s Signature: __________________________ Date: _______________
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend