Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Silver Star Brands offers a competitive salary and benefit package, outstanding people and an environment where you can make a difference! Company culture is important to our team members whose values are modeled through H.E.A.R.T.-Honesty, Equality, Accountability, Respect, and Trust.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Team!
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the development and improvement of corporate reporting and analysis tools as well as specific monthly reporting. This individual will be expected to support the Manager, FP&A in business analysis. This position works closely with many areas of the Company.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Prepare monthly store and specialty store financial statements plus 13 month trend reporting
• Build financial reporting/analysis from the ground up to proactively provide value-added information, analysis, and reporting to assist with business decisions to achieve strategic plan
• Analyze financial results, identify trends, and provide recommended actions to management
• Identify system data variances with reporting and provide corrective solutions to IT
• Support Manager, FP&A in providing adhoc financial analysis as required by the business
• Assist FP&A Manager with budget/forecasting activities and analysis
• Provide assistance with internal and external compliance audits
• Assist/Backup other areas in Finance as needed
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
• Effective written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
• Attention to detail and reporting formatting
• Able to work in a team environment and independently
• Strong working knowledge of computerized financial systems and data flows
• Strong financial modeling, reporting and data analysis skills
• Advanced skills in utilizing Excel and Pivot tables, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• 1 - 4 years’ experience of reporting and/or financial analyses experience
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to handle new responsibilities as assigned
• Strong work ethic with the willingness to work long hours, when necessary
Send This Job to a Friend