Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Senior Staff Accountant
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to join our team!!!
Competitive salary and benefit package, outstanding people and an environment where you can make a difference! Company culture is important to our team members whose values are modeled through H.E.A.R.T.-Honesty, Equality, Accountability, Respect, and Trust.
The Senior Staff Accountant serves as an advanced accounting position within the Finance group. This role provides specialized accounting support and thought leadership to the company through development and promotion of accounting and internal control best practices. This position is designed to develop future Finance department management skills.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Lead analysis and accounting for all company promotional spending, liaison with Marketing to ensure proper consideration of the financial impact of promotional activities
• Perform necessary month end accounting journal entries and reconciliations to ensure deadlines are met
Lead monthly promotional spend meeting
B/S and/or P&L comments for finance meetings
• Develop and promote best practices within Finance department (standard templates, processes and analysis)
• Support Finance initiatives across departments (serve as POC for information and analysis gathering and consolidation)
• Test internal control processes and identify and roll out improvement opportunities across the company
• Assist with preparing budgets and other various special projects
• Assist manager of Financial Analysis and Planning / General Accounting Manager with analysis and control over company capital spending as needed. Ensure timely communication of appropriate accounting treatment of:
Review of profitability / payback analysis
• Prepare and maintain records for Property Tax filings
City & State Property Tax
WA State B&O Tax
• Catalog paper accounting including maintenance of paper usage files, cost allocation, and reconciliation.
• Manage the Company’s fixed asset accounting, including maintenance of BEST / SAGE FAS and reconciliation to the general ledger. Including conducting periodic fixed asset audits.
• Prepare relevant entries for companies’ JV activities
• Assist in monitoring company contracts
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Bachelors degree in accounting, with a strong GPA
• 2 - 5 years of proven growth experience
• Effective written and oral communications skills with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• A strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and relevant data flows
• Experienced user of Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience with Internal Controls preferable
• Certification (CPA / CMA) desired
Send This Job to a Friend