Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Warehouse Assistant Team Leader
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. We are adding a 2nd shift Assistant Team Leader (ATL) for our Warehouse team on Oakwood Road.
The ATL will assist the Team Leader throughout the year as necessary and serve as a backup leader in the absence of the Team Leader. The ATL role is a mix of both leader and team member performing the tasks of a front line team member as needed. The ATL will play a key role in integrating newly hired seasonal team members into a cohesive team, taking on needed training and facilitating work flow. All Leaders play a key role in fostering an environment of team member involvement in continuous improvement efforts. This is a perfect start for someone who is just starting their leadership journey.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of warehouse experience. Formal training and/or experience with Supervisory Skills desired. Associates degree is preferred. Must be 18 years old. Previous stock picker/forklift experience helpful, but must be willing to learn. Must be customer focused and be able to contribute in an empowered team environment. Other critical skills are: effective coaching and development, communication skills across all levels, continuous improvement mindset, creative thinking and problem solving skills. Requires extended periods of standing, and the physical manipulation of merchandise and materials by walking, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting. Requires the ability to lift 5 to 15 pounds regularly throughout the day. Basic computer skills are necessary.
Hours of operations: Feb – Oct = Mon, 1:30 – 11pm, Tues-Thurs, 2:30 – 11pm, Fri, 1:30 – 9pm. Oct – Jan = Sun, 6am – 2pm, Mon – Thurs, 2:30 – 11pm.
Silver Star Brands’ values include its Customers, Team Members, Products and Services and Trust. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off, to name a few. Great culture, outstanding people and an environment where you can make a difference! Qualified candidates should apply at www.silverstarbrands.com.
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• 2 years of warehouse experience or equivalent work history
• Formal training and/or experience with Supervisory Skills desired.
• Machine trained (stock picker and forklift) and certified or willingness to do so
• Must be dependable and trustworthy as position may require you to open up and lock up for shift
• Understanding of group dynamics and team centered leadership.
• An understanding of mathematics and basic statistical principles.
• Comfortable with verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
• A basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and inventory software with a willingness to become proficient in these applications
Send This Job to a Friend