Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Process and Quality Specialist
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
We are looking for a full time P&P Process and Quality Specialist to join our Printing and Personalization department! We offer a competitive benefit package which includes: Medical, Dental,401(k) with company match and paid time off.
This team will typically be operating for 60-90 days on a non-typical work day schedule. Shift: 5-8 hour days (6:00a-2:00p) or 4-10 hour days (6:00a-4:00p)
Must be flexible during peak season to work 2nd shift; 10-12 hours starting at 2:00p.
The primary purpose of the process and quality improvement/seasonal team leader is to assist in developing and integrating Quality Systems and processes into the manufacturing of personalized products. Support in implementation of new product and processes will be a primary responsibility. This position will also take direction and guidance from the Product Specialist. During our peak order demand this position will also have responsibility for a smaller second shift team.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Involving other TM’s to become proficient working within all WC’s.
• Majority of your day will be on the production floor working with the TM’s.
• Key User and Developer for Process and Quality standards.
• Establish quality guidelines for existing and new products.
• Coordinate and assist in training of team members for process and product changes/additions.
• Work directly with Product Specialist to determine most efficient means to produce the products.
• Thorough process knowledge for all Printing & Personalization work centers.
• Interface with all Print/Pers, Product Planning & Merchandising departments. Participate in departmental meetings as needed to discuss product issues and solutions.
• Investigate and provide corrective action for poor quality and customer complaints.
• Maintain constant awareness of the workflow dynamics within department and potential impact to operations as a whole.
• Interview candidates and make hiring decisions.
• Monitor production efficiency and balance workload of team members as appropriate.
• Maintain an active role in new product development, sampling and new process discovery.
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Strong Mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
• Competency in coaching, development and performance assessment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills
• A basic understanding or willingness to learn Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Dynamics (DAX) and Customize It.
• Ability to successfully contribute in a team oriented environment.
Send This Job to a Friend