Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
General Manager-Native Remedies
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Silver Star Brands’ values include its Customers, Team Members, Products and Services and Trust. Great culture, competitive salary and benefit package, outstanding people and an environment where you can make a difference!
We are proud to announce that we are adding a Native Remedies General Manager to our Merchandising team!
The Native Remedies General Manager is a highly visible position, responsible for leading a Brand team to drive revenue and profit growth. The Manager is an expert in the dietary supplement, digital marketing space, with proven success in lead generation, digital advertising, social media, and other marketing channels including wholesale. The Manager possesses and demonstrates strong leadership, organizational, communication and P and L business skills to keep the Brand relevant and thriving in a competitive multi-channel environment. The Manager will exhibit a strong attention to detail.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide thought leadership for the strategic, successful Brand direction, point of view and “go to market” business plan. This includes:
• Articulate, integrate and execute the unique Brand “purpose” within the SSB portfolio
• Hire, lead, coach and train the Brand team to deliver sustainable high performance.
• Lead, implement the budgeting process for the Brand, with appropriate top and bottom line improvement initiatives
• Lead the execution of the plan, with focus on assortments, gross profit margins, promo, selling expense and contribution $ and %.
• Develop timely and appropriate Marketing, Merchandising and promotional strategies in conjunction with the strategy, budget and Brand value proposition.
• Maintain alignment with integrated marketing calendar to ensure campaigns are consistent with department and business objectives.
• Lead, foster, be a role model for collaborative working partnerships with support functions such as merchandising, product development, compliance, quality assurance, inventory planning, creative and sourcing.
• Prepare, lead business review sessions (monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting on P and L (to executive team and ownership) operating results, with focus on AOV, $ Gross Margin, %Gross Margin, Contribution $, and demand.
• Champion and communicate Brand strategies to internal functional areas.
• Perform industry/competitive research, stays abreast of current trends, best practices, identifying emerging trends
• Develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats for current state and future state of Brand.
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Strong leadership, communication, team management and negotiation skills.
• 5-10 years proven track record of B2C brand management success in a digital focused marketing environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills; able to suggest and implement innovative, proven processes to increase efficiency and support department goals.
• In depth knowledge of marketing, category management, product development and sourcing.
• High level of business, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated commitment to relentless, continuous improvement.
• Experience creating and managing budgets and allocating funds.
• Outstanding organizational skills; experience coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Self-starter, highly motivated with entrepreneurial spirit; works well in a collaborative environment.
• Experience in operating businesses within FDA/FTC regulatory compliance
• BS/BA in related field required, MBA and CPG experience preferred.
Send This Job to a Friend