Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Copy Editor Intern
Silver Star Brands, is a leader in the multi channel marketing industry and home of Miles Kimball, Walter Drake, Easy Comforts, As We Change, Exposures, Bi Matrix, and Native Remedies. We were named one of the top 200 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 list for 2015. Located in Oshkosh, WI since 1934, our company is large enough for opportunity, but with just 500 year-round team members, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Company culture is important to our team members whose values are modeled through H.E.A.R.T.-Honesty, Equality, Accountability, Respect, and Trust.
We are looking for a Copy Editor Intern to join our team!!!
Silver Star Brands is one of America’s first and largest direct marketers of consumer gifts and household products and we are looking for a Copy Editing Intern to work on a part-time (10-15 hrs/wk) basis to edit, update and align our catalog and web copy. The Copy Editing Intern will be responsible for proofing, revising, editing and adding keywords to advertising copy for print catalogs, web sites and promotional materials.
Major Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Make requested copy revisions, re-write and edit web site copy for print materials, web sites and online marketplaces
• Maintain current copy databases, follow copy style guidelines for each brand
• Incorporate predetermined SEO keywords into existing copy while adhering to established brand creative
Required education, skills, abilities, and experience:
• Highly motivated and flexible team player with excellent communication and organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience in copywriting, editing and proofreading
• Must possess ability to take and follow direction, and ask clarifying questions
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task, and be deadline-oriented
• Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
• Basic HTML knowledge a plus
• Actively pursuing degree in Journalism, Business, or English a plus
Send This Job to a Friend