||Senior Tax Compliance Analyst
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be a part of an entrepreneurial company where your unique abilities are celebrated, you increase your creative energy and your role adds value every day? Sound impossible? It’s not.
La Macchia Enterprises (LME) has a unique story of being family-owned for over 40 years. We turn vacation dreams into long-lasting memories by focusing on our customers’ End-to-End Experience at every touch point. Our 1,000+ team members embody our core
values, making us a global leader in leisure travel and technology. Our team is the reason we’ve earned a spot on the Top Workplaces list for multiple years.
Now it’s your turn to enhance your career. Grow and learn with us as a Senior Tax Compliance Analyst, for The Mark Travel Corporation, a division of LME. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely sales and use tax return
filings, performing tax research, and other special projects. Visit
www.marktravel.com to find out more about The Mark Travel Corporation.
A successful Senior Tax Compliance Analyst will:
- Prepare transaction tax returns for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings including sales and use, business and occupation, gross receipts taxes
- Ensure related tax payments are made timely and accurately
- Interpret and ensure compliance with tax related statutes, regulations and legislation including excise taxes, foreign taxes including VAT, Travel Industry taxes, state & local taxes
- Assist in compliance of state income tax reporting
- Prepare for and assist with transaction tax audits
- Stays current and up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in state and local tax laws
- Efficiently researches tax technical issues involving multiple state and local tax jurisdictions to provide supported and sound conclusions to tax issues
- Analyze, recommend and implement initiatives to streamline sales and use tax processes
- Communicate current tax initiatives and relevant tax information to internal and external audiences via conference calls, meetings, emails and presentations
- Assist the company’s business units with tax related business decisions
- Ensure accurate tax information is communicated to other team members, other departments and tax or legal consultants
- Monitor competitors’ websites regarding certain tax matters
- Complies with all internal controls
- Stays informed with tax industry updates and revisions
- Responsible for special tax projects as needed