||Business Development Manager - IL
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be a part of an entrepreneurial company where your unique abilities are celebrated, you increase your creative energy and your role adds value every day? Sound impossible? It’s not.
La Macchia Enterprises (LME) has a unique story of being family-owned for over 40 years. We turn vacation dreams into long-lasting memories by focusing on our customers’ End-to-End Experience at every touch point. Our 1,000+ team members embody our core
values, making us a global leader in leisure travel and technology. Our team is the reason we’ve earned a spot on the Top Workplaces list for multiple years.
Now it’s your turn to enhance your career. Grow and learn with us as a Business Development Manager – IL, for The Mark Travel Corporation, a division of LME. You will be you will be responsible for representing Funjet Vacations, United Vacations,
Southwest Vacations, Blue Sky Tours and TNT Vacations in key origin markets with Travel Agents. You'll develop and enhance strong agency relationships and mutually beneficial partnerships to increase product sales and profitability. You will create share
shift from competition and guide top line travel agency growth, through the use of key marketing and sales tools provided by the brands. You will support a territory which includes the Chicago area. Visit
www.marktravel.com to find out more about The Mark Travel Corporation.
A successful Business Development Manager – IL will:
- Develop strategic alliances with travel agents and agencies
- Create brand loyalty through the use of key tools such as joint marketing plans, agency education, provide marketing tools to agents, product differentiation, and value proposition of booking brand.
- Proactively seek to grow opportunities and market share by shifting business from competition
- Be responsive to agent needs, issue resolution, and good follow up
- Achieve sales targets by managing territory effectively and growing the accounts with the biggest opportunities
- Use reporting tools to understand profitability, trends and goal tracking
- Increase and promote distribution through VAX booking platform in line with established goals
- Represent TMTC at events in the US and International destinations
- Document all activities via sales reporting tools provided
- Maintain engagement plans for all top tier accounts
- Monitor competitive activities in the marketplace and provide feedback in reporting and in meetings
- Location: Chicago
- Being able to travel up to 50% of the time is crucial for this job. Travel by plane and car is required depending on the location of client opportunity. Travel consists of attending meetings, trade shows, FAM trips, supplier functions, company meetings,
training functions both in destination and in the territory.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel industry knowledge or experience preferred, but will consider sales background.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous time off plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Travel Discounts
- Team Member Referral Program
- Wellness Program
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.