||Programmer Analyst III
||Concordia University System
Concordia Administrative Information System (CAIS) is a consortium of higher education campuses within The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) and associated organizations for the operation of a common administrative information system. CAIS is an entity
of the Concordia University System. CAIS has been serving the administrative computing needs of higher education for over 40 years.
Follows the overall direction and guidance of the Product Services Manager and indirect supervision of the Technical Services Manager.
Principle Job Functions
- Serves as team leader to plan and implement new products and features of client administrative software packages.
- Estimates the effort and time schedule of specific projects.
- Reviews specifications for third party interfaces, and identifies any functional conflicts that may occur with the installation and use of the product.
- Troubleshoots and debugs highly complex issues in baseline and CAIS extension software, and interfaces to third party products.
- Develops flexible and reliable solutions/computer programs using a variety of languages, tools, and techniques.
- Reuses or modifies existing solutions where possible.
- Installs programs for testing on local and client test sites.
- Corrects problems identified during testing or operation.
- Works closely with other team members.
- May require travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s level in computer science with at least 5 years’ experience with demonstrated excellence in field.
Essential Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Education and demonstrated experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle and/or SQL Server). Certification a plus.
- Experience implementing new product functionality.
- Proficient with routine Linux commands and scripting.
- Demonstrated experience with Java. Experience with ASP a plus.
- Previous experience with Higher Education Administrative Systems desirable, especially Ellucian Banner Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Provides guidance and support and to team members and client technical staff.
- Supervises staff assigned to specific projects.
||Send This Job to a Friend