||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Information Technology (IT) manages LCMS information technology services, resources, and strategy for LCMS Corporate Synod. Services include: network administration, data management and application hosting, network security management, software development
and maintenance, e-mail, Internet access, web application hosting, personal productivity and collaboration, IT support desk (help desk and microcomputer support), business process analysis and management, technical training, and IT project and policy management.
Reports to the Director, IT Applications and Architecture.
Participates on project teams as assigned; reports to project manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver applications and database-related services including applications development, integration, maintenance, and support programming within defined service levels/metrics and standards as assigned.
- Work with clients as assigned to define and document applications and database related requirements.
- Support development, documentation, maintenance, and production activities for mission critical business applications within departmental guidelines and standards as assigned.
- Contribute to the definition of the technical portion of applications and database procedures and related policies.
- Manage assigned applications in accordance with departmental security and hosting guidelines and standards.
- Work to continually improve the services delivered by the entire LCMS Information Technology department.
- Manage workload with minimal guidance from supervisor.
- Observe assigned priorities.
- Make value judgments on non-prioritized items.
- Exhibit initiative – is proactive not reactive, does not wait to be told what to do.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving ability.
- Never assume the first thought is the final answer.
- Investigate beyond what is obvious.
- Look at situations/problems from different perspectives.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn new things.
- Embrace new technical challenges.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technologies, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a business application programmer.
Experience with the following is required:
- Recent Microsoft operating systems and Office suite
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server, including Reporting Services, Integration Services
- .Net, SQL, XML
Experience with the following is desired:
- JSON, ASP.net, CSS, jQuery
- MEAN Stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js)
- WordPress, PHP, Apache, Nginx
- SQL Server Analysis Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Travel as necessary to fulfill primary responsibilities.
- Available to occasionally work unusual or long hours, including holidays and Sundays.
- Share 24-hour on-call responsibilities with other members of the department.
- Company-provided specialized equipment needed.
||Send This Job to a Friend