||Associate Director - Youth Ministry (Youth Gathering Program Director)
||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
The Office of National Mission coordinates and supports domestic ministries that serve congregations and schools through the districts of Synod (Bylaw 18.104.22.168)
- Reports to the Director of Office of National Mission – Youth Ministry
- Relates directly with the Youth Staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Broadly, is responsible for overseeing and administering all program aspects of the LCMS Youth Gathering. These responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Youth Ministry and Project Manager – Communications and Media on managing resource development (youth and adult) for the LCMS Youth Gathering.
- Takes the lead in developing the vision and interpretation of the LCMS Youth Gathering program; promotes the vision to the public in tandem with the ONM Youth Ministry Director.
- Serves with LCMS Youth Ministry staff as a member of the Gathering Executive Team.
- Oversees recruitment and management of Gathering planning teams, local arrangements staff as well as other support persons necessary to the successful operation of the Gathering.
- Works with the Director of Youth Ministry and Gathering Operations Manager to manage the Youth Gathering budget.
- Convenes youth gathering specific meetings with the ONM Youth Ministry staff as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the Youth Ministry Projects Coordinator as relates to Gathering media and communication projects.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of all Gathering efforts including:
- Developing effective relationships with Gathering Managers, Teams and Volunteers and coordinating all activities in the execution of their duties;
- Providing leadership in development of a Biblical theological framework as the primary focus in the development of the Gathering theme and program design;
- Overseeing the aspects of program development including speaker recruitment, event design, worship, Bible study, servant events, concerts, community life, etc.;
- Overseeing the deadlines and schedules and follow-up on the same;
- Overseeing non-facility contracting including program speakers, musicians, vendors, contractors, suppliers, etc.;
- Assuring accurate and timely flow of information between all program directors, co-directors, advisors, vendors and program team managers.
- Keeps abreast of needs of teams and directs efforts to meet needs (facilities, incentives, program support, etc.)
- Initiates contracting processes, reviews contracts in consultation with the Director of Youth Ministry, submits for legal review when necessary and approves for signing by responsible parties. Consults with the Gathering Arrangements Director on facility
contracting and space assignments
- Assists in developing appropriate grant proposals and prepares required reports.
- Oversees and supervises volunteer efforts in consultation with the Gathering Arrangements Director and Gathering Registration and Operations Director.
- Helps the Gathering develop a healthy sensitivity to ethnic diversity and inclusivity, including ethnic programming according to policies adopted by the LCMS Youth Ministry and Gathering Executive Team.
- Oversees the evaluation of all aspects of the Gathering and provides suggestions for changes and improvements of the event.
- Provides reports as required or requested by the Director of LCMS Youth Ministry and/or the Executive Director of LCMS Office of National Mission.
- Complies with revisions made from time to time, after mutual consultation with the ONM Youth Ministry Staff.
- Responsible for program management for auxiliary events hosted by LCMS Youth Ministry. (Including at this time, the LCMS Youth and Children Ministry Conference, National Lutheran Youth Workers Conference, and LCMS Youth Ministry Symposium.)
Education and Experience
- Is a positive witness to Jesus Christ and an active member of a Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod congregation, supports Synod’s constitution, by-laws and policies, is faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and familiar with the structure,
polity, organization and procedures of the Synod.
- Rostered member of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, ordained or commissioned, a practical theologian and a competent religious educator.
- Additional educational degrees beyond the Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the areas of theology, education and administration.
- Extensive experience working with district and national youth ministry through youth gatherings and district positions and committees.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Knowledge of and sensitive to the teenage population and its culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to the mission of the church in today’s world and a demonstrated commitment to the whole church and its mission as it relates to the Synod.
- Proven skills and a working knowledge of good administrative procedures and the planning process.
- Proven ability in public speaking to a variety of groups and organizations.
- Relates well to both youth and adults, church professionals and lay persons.
- Knowledge of past and current youth ministry concepts and directions and ability to communicate these to others
||Send This Job to a Friend