||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
The President serves as the spiritual leader and is responsible for supervising the doctrine and administration of synodical officers, all employed by the Synod, individual Districts and all District Presidents. He provides direction
for the coordination and smooth operation and expansion of the Synod in accordance with the Synod's Constitution and Bylaws. The First Vice President carries out responsibilities of the President's Office as delegated, assigned or deputized by the President.
The President may also delegate certain responsibilities to other officials.
Reports to the First Vice President of the Synod. Relates to Officers of the Synod; the Office of the President and staff, the Presidium, rostered members of the LCMS, districts, seminaries and other related institutions as
well as other programmatic staff of the Synod.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling, reporting and tracking information.
- Prepare simple analyses of requested information or data, check and follow up, as required.
- Review and answer correspondence.
- Make travel arrangements; perform clerical duties as required, such as typing, receiving and screening phone calls, preparing check requests and expense vouchers, scheduling and opening mail.
- Develop appropriate methods to handle the gathering of information and operation of the office.
- Serve as primary contact and administrative assistant for the Pastoral, Korean Pastor, Commissioned Minister and Licensed Lay Deacon Colloquy Committees.
- Read and provide initial evaluation of all colloquy applications.
- Provide assistance upon request in the operation of the office of the President.
- Assist the authors of Circuit Winkel Bible Studies.
- Serve as administrative assistant to the Presidium and assist with Doctrinal Review, as needed.
- Provide assistance in “Today’s Business” during Floor Committee weekend and the Synod Convention.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education with 7-10 years prior administrative support experience.
- Solid communication and writing skills, interpersonal skills, and secretarial skills.
- Clear understanding of LCMS structure and doctrine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment with confidential matters.
- Proficient command of the English language use, spelling and punctuation. Working knowledge of proofreading techniques according to the Synod Stylebook.
- Good telephone skills with the ability to handle multiple telephone lines and calls. Ability to take accurate messages as appropriate.
- Proficiency with personal computer using Microsoft Office Suite Products. Willingness to take additional computer training.
- Ability to take and follow instructions, work effectively under pressure and maintain good working relationships with co-workers. Ability to be a self-starter.
- Willing to travel to Synod Conventions held out of state.
- Professional appearance, accommodating and pleasant attitude, able to convey a favorable impression to the public.
- Active LCMS membership desirable.
||Send This Job to a Friend