||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
- Information Technology (IT) manages LCMS information technology services, resources, and strategy for LCMS Corporate Synod. Services include: network administration, data
management and application hosting, network security management, software development and maintenance, e-mail, Internet access, web application hosting, personal productivity and collaboration, IT support desk (help desk and microcomputer support), business
process analysis and management, technical training, and IT project and policy management.
- This position:
- Reports to the Manager, Support Desk Services.
- Functions as a primary member of the Support Desk team.
- Works closely with clients.
- Coordinates with all other IT staff teams.
- Participates on project teams as assigned; reports to project manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as a member of the Support Desk (microcomputer support and helpdesk) team.
- Deliver Support Desk services within defined service levels/metrics.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support Desk services – answer calls, log and assign requests, track progress, and answer basic usage questions; provide desk side technology support
to include the installation, analysis and resolution of problems regarding microcomputer and related hardware and software.
- Contribute to the definition of the technical content of Support Desk procedures and related policies.
- Contribute to the research and setting of microcomputer and related hardware and software technology standards as assigned.
- Assist in the coordination with building facilities personnel to ensure proper installation of computer and associated peripherals (printers, monitors, scanners, etc.), and
- Assist in the maintenance of user access to standard systems.
- Assist in the enforcement of organization security standards for desktop computer access to the network.
- Assist in the maintenance of Support Desk-related documentation.
- Assist in the maintenance of an inventory of all licensed software and hardware for each client microcomputer system.
- Work to continually improve the services delivered by the entire LCMS Information Technology department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training or customer service.
- Two years of computer work experience in microcomputer operations installations and maintenance.
- Two years of experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows related microcomputer hardware and Office software in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Training and experience with Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems and related applications.
- Working knowledge of various types of printers including laser, inkjet, and their interfaces including direct and network connections; and hands-on experience replacing supplies
in such printers.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Travel as needed to perform primary position responsibilities.
- Available to occasionally work unusual or long hours, including holidays and Sundays, to support 7x24 computer operations.
- Company-provided specialized equipment as needed to perform responsibilities.
||Send This Job to a Friend