||Director, National Lending
The primary mission of the LCEF is to provide financial resources and related services for ministry, witness, and outreach of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod. In so doing it shall raise funds primarily through the issuance of notes and other debt instruments.
Its assets shall be used exclusively for the following: To provide financing and services for the acquisition of sites; the construction of facilities; the purchase of buildings and equipment; operating expenses; professional church worker education; the
residential housing needs of professional church workers; and other purposes approved by its governing board consistent with the ministry and mission of the Synod under policies approved by the Board of Directors of Synod.
- Reports directly to the Vice President -National Lending.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for lead generation resulting in new loan borrowers for the National Lending Team.
- Assist in oversight of the Rostered Church Worker loan program.
- Demonstrated experience with Senior Living Facility underwriting and lending
- Work collaboratively with National Lending Team.
- Review credit analyst write- ups for approval recommendation.
- Establish and maintain relations with eligible borrowing units of the LCEF.
- Provide detailed loan recommendations.
- Attend conferences, meetings and gatherings of various LCMS organizations and trade associations of those affiliated with LCMS (Lutheran Services of America, Senior Living, LEA, ALSS, etc)
- Attend and participate in various District and Synod conferences (NAME, CONFEDEX, ALSS, LEA, etc) that provide networking opportunities.
- Provide detailed and timely trip reports summarizing identified needs and opportunities.
- Establish relationship with and encourage district vice presidents to monitor and report additional relationship opportunities with non- congregational entities in their respective districts.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with organizations affiliated with or recognized by The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod to include:
- LCMS (Synod, Inc. and its ministries)
- LCEF and CEF District: Vice President for Church Extension, President and Education and Mission Executives.
- Concordia Universities and Seminaries
- Recognized Service Organizations of the LCMS (Includes but not limited to: Elementary and Senior High Schools, Senior Living Facilities, Social Service Agencies, Ministries of Synod).
- CEF District Congregations
- Partner church bodies.
- Position requires extensive travel. (Average of 20%)