||7:30 am - 5:00 pm; M-F or as needed
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Operations Management
- Manage the manufacturing functions for the entire production cycle at the facility or within an area and lead team members in daily operations to ensure high standards of performance, quality, and product & Associate safety.
- Organize and communicate daily schedule, monitor and coordinate activities in order to meet production requirements, and make decisions and resolve problems on issues with scheduling, equipment, quality, safety, and other production related matters.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures to maximize production efficiency and control costs.
- Accountable for facility sanitation procedures and compliance.
- Develop and achieve understanding and results of performance indicators and metrics across facility.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies focused on appropriate areas, such as: training and development, processing changes, and changes to structure or redesign.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality programs (HACCP, SQF) and assist in resolving food safety/defense issues. Has back-up responsibilities for, and is backed up by, as defined by the Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as Maintenance, Technology / R&D, and Engineering relative to facility capital projects, changes / improvements to plant processes, and modifications and implementation of equipment.
- Ensure all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting takes place as is required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. OSHA, DNR, USDA, FDA, EEOC, DOL, IMS, WDA, SQF, etc.). Respond to requests and work with these agencies as required.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility – Leadership
- Supervise Team Managers and hourly Associates, including coaching/mentoring, training, discipline, performance management, conflict resolution, etc., while fostering a positive work environment that encourages a continuous improvement mentality.
- Provide guidance to facilitate learning, enhance skills & knowledge, and improve performance. Address Associate questions, concerns, or problems.
- Solicit feedback and recommendations related to procedures, performance, quality, safety, scheduling, labor distribution, cost savings initiatives, and other functional information.
- Facilitate area meetings to keep Associates informed on concerns and issues.
- Maintain confidentiality.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Personal Development
- Continuous development in the areas of leadership, management, and overall business acumen required for future advancement opportunities within Operations Management.
4th Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- A mobile phone is required for this position.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Associate’s degree in Operations Management, Business, Leadership, or related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Seven (7) or more years of Operations Leadership/Management related experience, preferably in the Food Manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local food and water regulations, including CFR, FSMA, the PMO, and Bioterrorism Act
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership ability including ability to effectively speak and present information and respond to questions.
- Strong math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical instructions/policies/procedures in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Computer skills
Licenses/Certifications – See Chart
||Send This Job to a Friend