Grande’s story began in 1891 in the small Sicilian village of Montelepre, Italy, where founder Filippo Candela was then born. It was in this warm, agriculturally rich region where he learned the art of making fine Italian cheese.
In 1925, Filippo moved from the economic instability of post-war Italy to America in search of better opportunities. Initially purchasing a small dairy farm and orchard, he moved to Wisconsin to pursue his passion for cheese making. Speaking only a few words
of English, he met an Italian cheese buyer from the Old World. This meeting sowed the seeds of a new cheese company formed by Filippo and a handful of family and friends. They named it Grande – a fitting name as the Italian word for ‘greatness’ – and its authentic
cheeses soon became favorites with Italian immigrant families across the United States.
In the early years, Grande crafted traditional, aged Italian eating and grating cheeses such as Provolone and Romano. As pizza grew in popularity, Grande began to produce its trademarked Mozzarella, which soon became recognized as the most exceptional of
cheeses for pizza. Grande cheeses are now known and trusted nationally as “The finest Italian cheeses money can buy!”™
We’ve built strong relationships and trust through years of dedicated service to our customers. Their success is our success. It’s our only agenda and it’s what drives Grande to be the best we can be.
Our founder’s passion for excellence continues to live on through every Grande Associate. Integrity, respect, and the pursuit of greatness are ingrained in everything we do and that is the difference you can taste in every bite of food made with Grande cheese.
About This Role
The Area Sales Manager position is a Field Sales based role that will report directly into the Regional Sales Manager. The primary responsibilities of this position will be focused on the continued growth of Grande’s premium quality Italian cheeses sold
into the pizza and Italian restaurant segments of the Foodservice marketplace.
While a love of pizza and a passion for great Italian food are not job requirements, they surely will help in this role. Insightful path to purchase understanding in this market will require knowledge of consumer/patron trends, the food industry, the foodservice
marketplace, restaurant marketing and operations processes, and distribution. Our primary focus is helping the independent restaurant operator succeed…Grande has long been positioned as the Advocate of the Independent Pizzeria.
This position will be meeting directly with Distributors as well as End Users / Operators. Specific responsibilities will include the development and execution of a learning plan supporting key business objectives, such as:
- Business Performance Achievement
- Distributor Management
- End User Account Management
- Insight-based Selling
- Joint Business Planning
- Small Business / Pizzeria Operations
- Independent Operator Growth Program Development
Grounded in bedrock principles, with an eye on the future, Grande is committed to helping our customers succeed. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that will leverage your experience, challenge your thinking, and satisfy your desire to grow, check
out our website www.grandecheese.com to learn more.
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Business Performance Achievement
- Deliver market volume growth, volume mix and other established targets.
- Analyze and provide to District and Regional Manager timely summaries of market, end-user and distributor trends and performance versus plan, including recommendations for adjustments to close performance gaps.
- Identify market potential, establish market strategies, estimate potential sales, manage distribution channel issues, define promotional activities, and manage mature and new product line introductions.
- Develop results-based weekly and monthly activity plans for managing and cultivating customers and distributors.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility– Distributor Management
- Develop Grande business relationship and growth strategies for assigned distributors.
- Conduct monthly business meetings with Distributor management to review performance vs. planned and prior year results.
- Communicate details of annual Grande Distributor Trade Program and present actual and projected earnings summaries.
- Monitor, implement, and manage the Grande’s policies and programs in accordance to Grande’s Distributor Policy and Mission and Culture.
- Conduct training sessions for distributor personnel to increase understanding and value of Grande product line.
- Work with Regional Manager and Food Show Coordinator to plan and implement yearly distributor show schedule.
- Participate in national trade shows when necessary.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – End User Account Management
- Deliver Key Performance Indicator (KPI’s) established for all business strategies.
- Represent Grande as an advocate of the independent Italian operator, ensuring all decisions and actions put the operators’ success first.
- Grow territory market through new customer acquisition and improved retention of existing customers.
- Ensure account management within Grande contact strategies to maintain relationships and support the health and growth of their business.
- Demonstrate comprehensive product and industry knowledge and continually educate end-users on the differences and value of Grande cheeses compared to other Italian cheeses.
- Increase customer use of Grande value- added products and solutions
- Maintain and utilize account information to analyze market results and develop on-going market management plan
- Guide Pizzeria Specialists, recommend strategy adjustments, and assist if necessary in the implementation of strategies to achieve the company’s goals.
4th Area of Responsibility – Administrative & All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Work with Regional Manager and Food Show Coordinator to plan and implement yearly distributor show schedule. Participate in national trade shows when necessary.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer profiles, product usage and contact information within Grande’s CRM system.
- A mobile phone is required for this position.
- Provide and complete all administrative duties within a professional format and within the period given.