Grande Cheese Company is an enterprise with a tradition of quality, and a quality of tradition. Our Associates are committed to working together, taking pride in what we do, having mutual respect for one another and striving for excellence.
Grande is looking to fill the position of Business Intelligence Analytics Engineer II. This position reports to the Director of Business Intelligence and will work out of our new Home Office and Research Center in Fond du Lac, WI. The Analytics Engineer
will help Grande discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver better products. The primary focus will be applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality forecasting
models. The Analytics Engineer will also be the central point of support for Grande’s Business Analytics team members helping to drive consistency and standards across the organization.
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Data Science, Advanced Analytics & Enterprise Data Governance (Key Duties)
• Contributes to Advanced Analytics projects which can include the following areas:
o Analyzing large and complex data sets, including a demonstrated thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses o Develop advanced analytic models using an enterprise standard technology platform, effectively balancing specific
needs of business areas with the enterprise need for standardization and common definitions
o Presenting the valuable insights generated from complex data set analysis through visualization techniques o Collaborating effectively with teams all across Grande Cheese to develop and deliver applications
o Performing with groups to analyze, define, develop and prioritize business requirements and workflow processes
o Developing use cases, as well as programming
o Establishing scorecards and dashboards with process performance metrics, targets and triggers
o Developing and maintaining “best practices” for an advanced analytics framework to be utilized across the enterprise
• Provide direction and ongoing support to the Enterprise Data Governance program:
o Structure and execution of a data governance framework, policy and standards
o Develop controls to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
o Provide leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream and downstream data flows and processes
2nd Major Area of Responsibility – Training, Maintenance & Support (Key Duties)
• Train Grande Associates on various Data Science and Advanced Analytics related topics
• Work with Grande Associates to identify areas of focus for data analysis
• Proactively assists in the management of Grande’s Advanced Analytics Models and BI Dashboards
• Assist in issue identification, investigation, ownership, communication and resolution process for Analytical Models
• Troubleshoot both internal and third party business applications to resolve a related issues
• Perform data integrity gap analysis to ensure data governance controls are in place
• Coordinate remediation of data integrity gaps by working with the business and IT
All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required (Key Duties)
• A mobile phone is required for this position.
• Performs all other duties and responsibilities as requested or desired.