||Assistant Quality Manager
||5:30 am - 2:00 pm; M-F
1st Major Area of Responsibility – QA/QC Program Development and Implementation
- Serve as Lead SQF Practitioner or collaborate with them to develop and implement Food Safety & Quality, SQF fundamentals, and the Food Safety & Quality Plans across Enterprise, plant to plant and with Technology. Has back-up responsibilities for, and is
backed up by, as defined by the Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Design the post-implementation facility SQF system, ensuring its integrity through validation and verification.
- Lead complex projects such as studies affecting product quality, trials of new products or process improvements and similar work, either independently or at the request of Manufacturing Manager and/or Quality Managers.
- Research, recommend, and implement value-added QA/QC innovation and process improvements, utilizing six sigma concepts, in the laboratory and/or production areas, such as investigating methods to improve time and capital efficiency, streamlining documentation,
new technologies and/or equipment, and communication of quality information.
- Collaborate with managers, Cheesemakers or Process Specialists, and department leaders, through pro-active and timely communication and interaction to:
- Identify, evaluate and resolve plant product safety and quality issues as they arise.
- Maintain and audit effective plant sanitation programs
- Ensure proper equipment and plant sanitation through effective pre-operational inspections as well as monitoring “Clean Equipment” and “End of Run” sampling
- Design and lead facility utility surveillance programs to ensure compliance with Grande and regulatory standards, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Monthly surveillance of facility potable and process water supply bacteriology
- Monthly surveillance of facility compressed air bacteriology (at points of contact with pasteurized product)
- Develop and manage a facility environmental bacteria surveillance program.
- Perform queries and generate product quality versus specification graphs (from existing database).
- Responsible for SOP/SSOP development and maintenance, including annual reviews.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility – Lab Operations
- Manages the Lab Associates and coordinate lab activities and testing to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinate and review comparison testing for in-process and lab equipment and Associate testing performance monitoring including performing and/or coordinating necessary equipment calibration changes.
- Be familiar with operating laboratory equipment and instruments such as centrifuge, analytical balances, ovens, microwaves, pH meter, IR analyzers and similar equipment as required.
- Oversee creation of sub-lot composites to facilitate the necessary analyses and tests on products.
- Coordinate and maintain adherence with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s).
- Ensure lab equipment is kept cleaned and sterilized and instruments are calibrated.
- Utilize just-in-time methods to purchase required laboratory supplies and maintain cost effective inventory levels.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Facility Training & Audit/Inspections
- Responsible for developing and presenting quality training including; GMP, HACCP, sanitation, Allergen/Allergen Control and Food Defense.
- Lead and/or participate in quality meetings including; preparation and presentation of graphical data and distribution of meeting minutes as requested, and attendance at Product Survey meetings to learn and provide valuable feedback/insight
- Administer Design of Experiments, interpret results, identify cause and effect
- Design a comprehensive plant audit program, including HACCP critical control points, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), plant housekeeping, sanitation (CIP units, manual cleaning), bio-security systems and compliance with federal and state inspection
- Maintain and audit glass and glass-like material monitoring program.
- Responsible for regulatory inspections and/or customer audits, including routine regulatory sampling of products and water supplies.
- Carry out the investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
4th Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related technical field required; or equivalent amount of work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in QA/QC in a manufacturing environment under HACCP, USDA and/or FDA preferred.
- Experience in GSFI (SQF, BRC, FSSC) or ISO-certified organizations preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local food and water regulations, including CFR, FSMA, the PMO, and Bioterrorism Act.
- Six Sigma training and certifications required.
- Leadership experience and/or training preferred.
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency with Document Control and writing of Manufacturing and Laboratory Instructions
- Strong training and communication skills at all levels, from manufacturing and laboratory to Operations Management
- Advanced project management, leadership, and delegation skills; able to lead projects, assign tasks and achieve results through others
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, basic experience with laboratory software and manufacturing databases
Licenses/Certifications – See Separate Chart
||Send This Job to a Friend