Grande Cheese Company is an enterprise with a tradition of quality, and a quality of tradition. Our Associates are committed to working together, taking pride in what we do, having mutual respect for one another and striving for excellence.
Grande is looking for candidates to fill the position of Software Engineer I. This position reports to the Applications Development Manager and will work out of our new, state of the art Home Office & Research center located in Fond du
Lac, Wisconsin. This is a perfect opportunity for a new grad with some relevant co-op or internship experience.
As a Software Engineer I on the Business Systems team, you will gain experience in today’s business applications like ERP, CRM and custom .Net development. Perhaps you are interested in learning to configure software, working to help solve problems, or testing
software to ensure our code is as excellent as our cheese. You will work with an experienced team that is willing to work with you to see that you get a wide variety of experiences.
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Developing & Stabilizing
- Design and develop information processing applications to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Support and maintain custom and vendor provided business applications.
- Collaborate with business area to develop, coordinate and execute test plans to ensure successful project deployment.
- Communicate with technical and functional personnel
- Aptitude to coordinate project tasks and activities.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility – Envisioning & Planning
- Apply Grande stage-gate framework and project management methodology.
- Collaborate with functional and technical personnel to create statement of work based on project requests, work breakdown structures, project schedule, technical and functional specifications, and appropriate deployment documentation.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined best practice processes and procedures in selecting methods and techniques for providing solutions.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Production Support
- Proactively assists in the management of Grande’s business applications.
- Troubleshoot both internal and third party business applications to resolve issues.
- Assist with issue identification, investigation, ownership, communication and resolution process.
4th Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Continually develops skills and abilities to keep them relevant and current.
- A mobile phone is required for this position.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.