||IT Business Analyst II
||Fond du Lac
||Fond du Lac
||M-F 8a-4:30p and as needed
||Competitive Compensation Package
Grande Cheese Company is an enterprise with a tradition of quality, and a quality of tradition. Our Associates are committed to working together, taking pride in what we do, having mutual respect for one another and striving for excellence.
Grande is looking to fill the position of IT Business Analyst II. This position reports to the IT Project Manager and is largely connected to the business. We are seeking a candidate who is comfortable and has experience leading meetings
and networking with the business for all levels of IT projects, where several projects could be occurring simultaneously. This is a combination business analyst-quality assurance-type role. Therefore, we are seeking a candidate who enjoys gathering requirements,
implementing enhancements, executing projects and transferring the knowledge back to the business. We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about selling IT to the business – someone who enjoys building relationships, accepting criticism and turning it
into something positive for the Enterprise.
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Requirements Gathering
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions.
- Clearly articulate, organize and document business requirements.
- Engage business partners to elicit detailed system requirements in a manner that seeks to improve existing business processes.
- Identify system enhancements within the native application by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Understand the base functionality of the system’s capability and work with Software Engineers to determine the best solution to meet the requirements.
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Follow best practices for business analysis execution and management.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility– Project Execution
- Help align existing and emerging business systems with the company’s business needs, expectations, and strategic initiatives.
- Assist business partners, project managers and IT leadership in maintaining scope, optimizing benefits and minimizing risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management.
- Assist in project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Adhere to project timelines and communicate status of tasks.
- Understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile and/or Waterfall.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Quality Assurance
- Plan, document, and execute application development quality assurance (QA).
- Create and execute test cases and test plans.
- Track testing and report on results to ensure system applications are free from defects.
- Coach, mentor, and assist business partners in defining user acceptance testing, test cases, and plans.
- Team with business partners and software engineers to ensure system enhancements are delivered as expected.
- Follow best practices for quality assurance.
4th Area of Responsibility – Support and all other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Transfer knowledge of system changes to the business partners and IT service desk for operational readiness through knowledgebase articles.
- Manage ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Identify system break fixes versus system enhancements.
- Enable, promote, and improve application development and project management processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related field required. An equivalent level of experience may be considered.
- Formal Business Analyst certification preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in a business/systems analysis role within the IT field.
- Demonstrated experience working on large-scale, multi-functional projects.
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Familiar with .NET programming languages.
- Database and operating systems experience (SQL/Windows).
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly, and find solutions to solving them independently in a timely manner.
- Able to multi-task, working on more than one issue simultaneously.
||Send This Job to a Friend