||Fond du Lac
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Plant Operations Management (Key Duties)
- Direct all aspects of operating at the facility under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing, including strategizing, planning, organizing, and evaluating of all functions, with the ultimate goal and result being measurable improvements to plant
performance levels relative to: Cost, Quality, Product and Associate Safety, Customer Service, Materials, Supply Chain, and Morale/Culture.
- Set clear goals, communicate, and execute against those goals.
- Identify where performance gaps exist, and then devise appropriate plans for improvement and implementation of those plans.
- Develop and achieve understanding and results of performance indicators and metrics across facility.
- Develop and communicate vision for facility and expectations of performance and methods.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies focused on appropriate areas, such as: training and development, processing changes, and changes to structure or redesign.
- Accountable for the SQF Practitioner and food safety and quality programs (HACCP, SQF), and ensuring immediate action is taken to identify and resolve food safety/defense issues. Has back-up responsibilities for, and is backed up by, as defined by the
Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as Technology / R&D and Engineering to make changes / improvements to plant processes.
- Handle crisis management decisions for the facility.
- Serve as the face of the company within the surrounding community. Will be the liaison for community communications and relationships.
- Responsible to ensure that all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting takes place as is required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. OSHA, DNR, USDA, FDA, IMS, WDA, SQF, etc.) Respond to requests and work with these agencies as required.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility – Leadership (Key Duties)
- Supervise Operations Management staff and provide guidance to facilitate learning, mentoring, enhance skills & knowledge, and improve performance for all Associates.
- Exhibit leadership and set the example to drive high standards of performance, quality, and safety.
- Solicit feedback and recommendations related to procedures, performance, quality, safety, scheduling, labor distribution, cost savings initiatives, and other functional information.
- Develop appropriate action plans and objectives to challenge team members to improve and develop their skills.
3rd Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required (Key Duties)
- A mobile phone is required for this position.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Operations, Business, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight (8) or more years related experience in high-level Operations Leadership/Management related positions, preferably in the Food Manufacturing industry.
- Cross-functional experience and training in other Operations functions such as Quality, Supply Chain, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local food and water regulations, including CFR, FSMA, the PMO, and Bioterrorism Act
Job Skills Requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership & team building skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels and across all functions
- Strong decision making, organizational, and reasoning skills
- Computer literate
||Send This Job to a Friend