||5:30 pm - 5:30 am; Rotating schedule
1st Major Area of Responsibility – Cheesemaking Operations
- Oversee, delegate, and perform all cheesemaking processes to produce cheese according to company specifications, quality and safety objectives.
- Perform testing and inspection, and make needed adjustments to the processes related to pH levels/temperatures, cooking & mixing times and other related areas.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Operate, inspect and troubleshoot all production cheesemaking equipment.
- Maintain computer systems, records, log sheets, and any other required records incidental to the operations.
2nd Major Area of Responsibility– Leadership
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and mentoring to all Associates performing work in the various cheese production areas.
- Answer process/product related questions to ensure they understand and can complete procedures in the most cost efficient manner while producing high quality product.
- Respond to matters of concern on the floor and provide workable solutions.
- Analyze and audit production information and provide feedback to Operations Management regarding concerns or issues related to performance, quality, safety, scheduling, and labor distribution.
- Lead meetings to enhance communication, establish priorities, and assignments.
- Provide Associate performance related feedback to Operations Management.
3rd Major Area of Responsibility – Regulatory Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Complete all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting as required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. DNR, DOL, EEOC, FDA, IMS, OSHA, SQF, USDA, WDA, etc.).
- Follow all SAFETY (food & workplace) policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to improve production rates, increase quality and/or promote safety.
- Independently search, recommend and implement process and data entry improvements that maximize the use of computer systems to eliminate redundancy, manual data entry, and unnecessary paperwork.
- Work with management and engineering in the installations of new equipment and processes.
4th Area of Responsibility – All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Follow government standards and regulations.
- Provide back-up relief as needed.
- Associate’s degree, High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience required.
Job Skills Requirements
- Leadership skills including the ability to effectively speak, present information, respond to questions and train & mentor others.
- Training and/or experience with conflict management, delegation, multi-tasking, and decision making.
- Strong math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical instructions/policies/procedures in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Proficient computer skills
Licenses/Certifications – See Separate Chart
||Send This Job to a Friend