Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of theTop Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® “Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a
greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first
day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Administrator, Project Management with administrative support experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
The Administrator, Project Management role is responsible for providing administrative support to the District Project Management team: maintaining, organizing, updating, etc. all project documentation; assisting PMs with administrative duties including
processing requisitions/purchase orders, receiving and coding project invoices and P6 project scheduling updates; ensuring the efficient daily operations of the office.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
· Daily Operations. Providing overall administrative support and managing the daily operations of the office by performing the following duties: screen incoming calls, mail and faxes; greet visitors; administer guest parking; answer caller inquiries;
make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for employee travel; prepare drafts of proposals and presentations; finalize document presentations; organize and maintain paper and electronic files as required; assist PMs in tracking and reporting Operator
Qualification (OQ) records for projects; contractor welder qualification records for projects; assist the District Assistant and Project Managers on invoicing/accounting discrepancy investigations and reconciliation.
· Documentation Coordination. Coordinating the retention, organization and maintenance of all project-related documentation:develop Job Books from coordination and receipt of project data, as-built drawing packages and other required documentation
from project managers, engineers, drafters, and others as defined in the Document Management Plan; distribute asset records as outlined in the Document Management Plan; update, catalog, and maintain various integrity-related documentation (weld x-ray, hydrotest
information, tank repairs, etc.); receive and catalog records during Asset Acquisitions; archive completed project files and handle requests for archived information (i.e., relocations and facility audit preparations); serve as district liaison for records
management & storage with IronMountain records repository; perform duties as administrator for Projects Documentation SharePoint site, manage and post electronic job books on the site; seek continuous improvement by developing ways to streamline the documentation
capturing and publishing process; provide hands-on training on documentation policies for projects for new employees as well as refresher training as requested.
· Financial Support. Preparing, coding and processing all necessary check requests, project invoices, AFEs, Work Orders and Purchase Orders through the JDE financial system, assisting in the management of the office expense budget and processing employee
expense reports. Assisting PMs in writing Management of Change (MOC) work orders and capturing/populating additional data records for job book development/project closeout in JDE
· Project Support. Producing project reports and schedules as required for Management. Prepare job specifications and packages for contractors and sub-contractors. Assist PMs in project schedule updates in P6.
· Office Supplies. Purchasing office supplies, kitchen provisions and office equipment.
· Facility Maintenance. Arranging repairs and maintenance for the office facilities and equipment as needed.
· Calendar Support. Maintain weekly schedules and calendars for personnel.
· Process employee expense reports.
· Presentations. Organizing and arranging customer related and project management functions, presentations, agendas and meetings; assisting with speech material; coordination of meetings by reserving/organizing conference rooms.
· Track documentation deliverables and maintain KPI’s regarding receipt deadlines as outlined in the Document Management Plan.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School education required.
· Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Science is preferred.
· 2+ years’ experience in a similar Administrative Support role required.
· Experience with budgeting or accounting is a plus
· Experience in project management or engineering is a plus
· Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Knowledge of pipeline industry and terminology is highly desirable.
Certificates & Licenses:
· Notary Public is a plus
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· To be successful in this assignment, the incumbent must possess excellent organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interacting with all levels of Company officers and employees as well as outside vendors, suppliers and
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
· This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
· The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You
must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.