CONTRACT DESKTOP SUPPORT
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking Contract Desktop Support with experience supporting Microsoft Applications, Operating Systems and PC hardware/software configuration to join our growing team!
Responsible for supporting company computer hardware, software, and associated users. Primary job functions include staying abreast of technology changes, recommending appropriate solutions for issues and participating in project teams to implement new or
Responsibilities & Essential Function include:
- Desktop Support. Providing general Tier 1/Tier 2 desktop support such as troubleshooting and problem resolution for PC hardware, software and related networking issues, both on location and remotely as received from the Service Desk. As needed, responsible
for elevating sophisticated Tier 2 issues to appropriate Technical Analyst(s) and Client Technology Supervisor.
- Call Tracking System Administration. Administering and updating assignments in the Service Desk call tracking system.
- Technology Research. Researching, planning and implementing viable solutions for upgrades, migrations and the computing/communication needs of the company.
- Communication. Providing a communication link between our internal customers and the Client Technologies Team.
- Asset management. Planning, procuring, and tracking computer equipment from time it is received through end-of-life.
- User Support. Supporting user needs related to company phone systems, mobile devices, and audio/video systems.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar combination of interndhip and direct job experience (as defined below) is required.
- 2+ years experience in PC hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting in a managed, corporate environment required
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Applications and Operating Systems required.
- Understanding of Network connectivity and communications required.
- Knowledge of anti-virus/anti-malware products, & problem resolution required.
- Participation in the on-call after-hours support rotation is required.
- Ability to travel up to 5% domestically and internationally.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· The incumbent must possess good written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills. Excellent analytical skills and strong problem solving skills are also required. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills are required to effectively
interact with various clients (internal and external). The ability to work in a team atmosphere is a necessity.
· Travel may be necessary from time to time.
· This job typically requires a great deal of time sitting and looking at a PC screen, typing on a keyboard, and using a mouse (or other pointing device).
· All members of the group may be required to "backup" the other members, so cross functionality is required.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.