Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater
span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Marketing Analyst in the oil and gas industry to join our growing team!
Analyze business opportunities, operating results, markets/emerging trends and develop points of view that result in business intelligence that can be used by all layers of the organization to support well informed marketing decisions.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
· Analysis. Provide analysis of business development opportunities, including new customer services, supply optimization and competition analysis and,
· Utilize technology to its maximum to provide analysis, facilitate decisions and identify action items. Provide easy to query customer, revenue and volume metrics and,
· Obtain and analyze market data and prepare studies of areas served by Buckeye Energy Services (BES).
· Tool Development. Build pricing analysis tools used for daily price discovery and solicitation.
· Presentations. Develop presentation materials to clearly articulate analysis and key findings to Management.
· Reporting. Analyze and report key financial and operational data. Identify and explain significant variances, seasonal business trends, capacity constraints and opportunities and,
· Apprise and communicate with management about market trends, events, new regulations and impact on product marketing and,
· Prepare monthly volume projections per location.
· Strategy. Participate in long range business planning and strategy.
· Customer Communications. Engage in customer communications relating to pricing, supply, contracting and day to day business operations.
· Ad Hoc Projects. Work with Transportation, branded marketing and rack sales personnel on ad hoc projects to better the business and,
· Provide general back up support to Sr. Director of Marketing & Distribution.
· And other duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business, Marketing or Finance) OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Experience: 1-3 years’ experience as an analyst; preferably in business development
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· To be successful in this assignment, the incumbent must possess excellent organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Must possess excellent quantitative and analytical skills and a great attention to detail.
· Must be a self-starter capable of working with minimal need for daily guidance
· Must possess a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong leadership potential.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· Normal office environment.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.