Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners is a company with a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering
our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® "Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a
greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate and be a significant contributor from their first
day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an IT Service Desk Analyst with experience in a service desk environment in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for supporting the Service Desk functions and providing recommendation and solutions to end-users or escalating issues as assigned. This position requires receiving and returning customer calls, documenting, researching
and troubleshooting software/hardware related issues, reviewing and resolving service desk calls for local, remote users and offices and communicating back to appropriate IT personnel areas of concern and/or points of emphasis.
· Provide support to clients who contact the Service Desk, either directly or forwarding it to appropriate IT personnel, if necessary
· Participate in the development of Service Desk policy and procedures. Make recommendation to change and/or modify as appropriate.
· Develop and distribute Service Desk statistical/analytical reports for purposes of operational efficiencies.
· Act as a liaison between subject matter IT personnel and end-users. Communicate points of emphasis or areas of concerns based on the number of issues presented in any given area. Make system, program and/or hardware recommendations for purposes of operational
· Maintain and track ticketing security for SOX compliance
· Knowledge of Pipeline and Terminal specific software
· Administer the Service Desk- update call logging systems
· Account administration, creation/termination
· Hardware and software troubleshooting
· And other duties as assigned.
· Must demonstrate a technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges.
· Must be willing to spend the time necessary to achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency
· Must have experience working with PC based hardware, software and networking components
· Experience working with customers, handling customer problems and requests on the phone and face-to-face with a high degree of professionalism
· 1+ year with service management. Specifically, incident, problem and change management as well as request, demand, resource, user relationship and performance management
· 1+ year with application management. Specifically, enhancement and support, configuration, availability, security, capacity and release management
· 2+ years’ experience providing status to supervisor/manager, creating clear and concise documentation to explain complex concepts and/or issues, presenting content
· Experience with supporting hosted virtual applications
· Experience working within contracts with Service Level Agreements
· Associate degree required or BA/BS highly desirable
· 1+ years supporting and maintaining JD Edwards applications is desirable
Certificates & Licenses:
· ITIL Foundation/HDI Support Center Analyst (Not required but desirable)
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows 7 & 10)
· General IT troubleshooting knowledge – Windows 7 & 10/ printers / drivers / error messages
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (2013, 2016, & O365)
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot tables, advanced charts/graphs, conditional formatting, data tables) is required
· Basic knowledge of Smart Phone usage/setup is required (IOS)
· Ability to put data into an analysis and reporting format. Demonstrated ability to identify trends, synthesize information, and communicate appropriately
· The applicant must be able to refer to several sources to compile data, which calls for attention to detail
· Being self-motivated is required due to shift time and high visibility when errors are found
· Telephone confidence, organizational skills, time management, problem solving, strong multi-tasking skills, and customer service skills
· GIS/Plotting knowledge is a plus
· Travel (up to 10%) may be necessary both domestically and internationally.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.