Founded over 128 years ago, Buckeye Partners has with a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering
our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® "2016 Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “2017 Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees
with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their
first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Terminal Operator with experience in terminal, pipeline or marine operations with a general knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pumps, meters, truck loading rack, and dock facility in the Oil & Gas Industry
to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level
The Terminal Operator role is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the terminal, pipeline, marine, and rail assets as applicable, executing the receipt, delivery storage management, and inventory control of petroleum products for the
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Terminal Operations. Maintaining and repairing the terminal loading rack and equipment associated with terminal operations; keeping it in good working order and acceptable appearance and maintaining the facility to meet or exceed company standards.
· Product Control. Receiving, storing, and distributing of petroleum products via pipeline, rail, and marine dock (if applicable), following all product movement, measurement and quality control procedures.
· Regulatory Compliance. Staying aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures, to include Coast Guard, local, state and federal environmental agencies so that the terminal can assure compliance.
· Customer Service. Maintaining a good relationship with all terminal customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required.
· Emergency Response. Responding to terminal, pipeline, rail and marine related emergencies and participating in annual emergency response training drills.
· Inventory Control Systems. Maintaining all computer inventory control systems and participating in any inventory issue investigations.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· 2+ years related experience in terminal, pipeline or marine operations preferred
Certificates & Licenses:
· Some locations may be subject to the port security regulations set forth by the Transportation Security Administration and United States Coast Guard. Employment at certain locations may be contingent upon obtaining state specific licenses and/or a Transportation
Worker Identification Credential. More information on this requirement is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· General knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pumps, meters, truck loading rack, and dock facility preferred.
· General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is helpful.
· Inventory control and/or accounting background a plus.
· Familiarity with computerized inventory control systems and truck rack automation systems desirable.
· In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
· Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
· This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety and teamwork.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
· Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.