Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater
span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Assistant Operations Manager with pipeline or terminal operations of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
The Assistant Operations Manager role is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with assuring safe, reliable and environmentally conscious operations that are in compliance with Company mission, policy, and direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Daily Operations. Prioritizing and managing daily operations schedule and assuring safe operations by insisting on subordinate compliance with company safety and training policies.
· Pipeline and Terminal Maintenance. Assuring reliability of pipeline and terminal assets by timely maintenance in compliance with company and regulatory requirements and ensuring representation at appropriate Public Awareness Programs to help prevent
third party damage.
· Environmental Compliance. Assuring environmental consciousness by compliance with policy to prevent any environmental contamination and by preparing for pipeline or terminal emergencies via training of work force and education of potential public
· Budgeting. Assuring efficient operations by developing economical responsibility expense and ordinary capital budgets and controlling expenses via efficient operations and maintenance within these limitations.
· Capital and Expense Projects. Assisting in the capital and expense projects within responsibility from inception through construction to turnover and operations.
· Company Spokesperson. Acting as company spokesperson to shippers and the public.
· Monitoring Loss/Gain. Ensuring loss/gain is properly monitored and any discrepancies resolved promptly.
· Vendor Relations. Managing contracts and coding invoices related to vendor and third party services and acting as point person for vendor related issues.
· Project Work. Supporting project related work including developing and reviewing scopes of work, submitting and approving bids, performing purchasing and order management.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 5 years Pipeline or Terminal Operations or the equivalent industry experience required.
· Significant technical troubleshooting experience required.
· Significant experience managing operations helpful.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Individuals must have the knowledge and ability to analyze and solve both personnel and operational problems to be successful in this type job. Good communication skills are required. The individual must possess leadership abilities and promote the team
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· Although a large portion of the time may be spent in an office environment, the incumbent must also spend significant time at the various field locations, thereby being exposed to adverse weather conditions and hazardous environments. Occasional travel
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.