Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of theTop Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® “Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a
greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first
day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Apprentice Field Operator with experience in truck rack terminal operations, pipeline operations, or pipeline maintenance in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
Learn truck rack terminal operations, pipeline station and delivery work, basic preventive maintenance, and pipeline right of way inspections, line marking, and one call observations.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Learn how to perform receipt, storage, and inventory control of petroleum products and additives at truck terminals.
- Learn to set up new driver accounts, train drivers in safe loading procedure, and issue access cards.
- Learn to perform daily folio closing, monitor terminal loss/gain, run inventory reports, enter inventory adjustments, and set customer allocations.
- Learn to coordinate supply of products with the scheduling departments and suppliers (Pipeline, Terminal, Ethanol suppliers, Additive suppliers, DRA suppliers) to optimize throughput and minimize run-outs and containment conflicts.
- Learn to perform basic truck terminal inspections, maintenance and repairs.
- Learn to gauge tanks, and coordinate and perform meter calibration activities for pipeline and terminal facilities.
- Learn to perform product sampling and testing activities at truck terminal and pipeline facilities.
- Maintain a good relationship with all terminal and pipeline customers and respond to their inquiries.
- Assist with performing pipeline deliveries and station operations as needed.
- Assist with conducting pipeline facility inspections, preventive maintenance, and basic repairs.
- Learn how to perform pipeline right of way inspections, preventive maintenance, basic repairs, and scraper pig tracking.
- Learn to conduct pipeline locating and marking. Monitor and observe excavation work for damage prevention.
- Learn to handle third party pipeline encroachments and perform property owner awareness activities.
- Assist in responding to terminal and pipeline-related emergencies as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation on all work performed and be knowledgeable of petroleum terminal and pipeline regulations.
- Begin training and test on applicable OQ tasks.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree in technical field preferred.
- Experience in truck rack terminal operations, pipeline operations, or pipeline maintenance is preferred.
- General knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pumps, meters, truck loading rack preferred.
- General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with computerized inventory control systems and truck rack automation systems is desirable.
- Up to 25% Travel Required
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid driver’s licenses required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Must embrace safe work practices, possess high initiative, accept accountability, and have the ability to flourish in a team environment.
· Basic business aptitude and an entrepreneurial mindset is required. Mechanical aptitude, computer skills, and hand tool experience are also required.
· This position requires an individual who has a strong commitment to safety and team work.
· Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
· Individual must be available during non-work hours as required and is required to carry an on-call phone at all times. Normal and extraordinary work circumstances may require, without notice, overtime, weekend or holiday work.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
· The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response
· Must be able and willing to spend on average 50% of ones time on his/her feet
· The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
· This position requires the ability to climb ladders (approx. 50 feet) and work comfortably and safely at heights for extended periods of time.
· This position communicates with supervision and co-workers via VHF radio and hand signals.
· Must be able to lift large, heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds 1 time per day on average.
· This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol regulations
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.