DISTRICT ADVISOR – SOUTH DISTRICT
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater
span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a District Advisor with experience in pipelines, terminals or refinery operations and/or engineering in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team in
The individual hired for this role will need to be viewed as being on the high end of both the ‘A Score’ (technical knowledge and skills) and the ‘B Score’ (leadership, influence skills, impact, communications skills, etc.) components of the District
Advisor role, and will need to be assessed as a high probability candidate for the District Director role. While there will be other positions capable of assuming the District Director role and actual promotions are based upon performance, a very high degree
of attributes necessary for a District Director level role will be required in filling this position.
The District Advisor role is responsible for ensuring safe, reliable and environmentally conscious operations and program implementation that are in compliance with the Company’s mission, policies, and procedures. This role also provides leadership to district
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Management. Managing the South District Safety Specialists, Environmental Specialists,, M&QC Specialist, Terminal Specialist, Training Specialist, PHMSA Compliance Specialist, and Right of Way Specialist. Leading, developing and recruiting the right
people is an essential requirement.
· Program Implementation. Ensuring the consistent implementation of corporate programs throughout the South District in collaboration with Corporate Program Managers.
· Operations Relief. Supporting and providing relief for the District Director in managing the operations and maintenance of pipeline and terminal assets within the District.
· Regulatory Compliance. Working with Operations Managers and Corporate Compliance to ensure that all regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
· Budget Management. Ensuring efficient operations and cost control by developing and managing the budgeting process for the District.
· Project Support. Assisting in the evaluation, planning and implementation of large maintenance projects between the Asset Teams and the District Work Team (pipeline purges and repairs/replacements, hydrotests, station and terminal upgrades, etc.).
· Personnel Training. Assessing, training and developing Asset Teams to achieve High Performance Team certification.
· Emergency Response. Responding to incidents and emergencies to provide leadership assistance to the Operations Managers and the District Director. Under certain circumstances, be prepared to lead emergency response events.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s Degree required (engineering discipline highly preferred).
· 10+ years’ experience in pipelines and terminals or related field operations and/or engineering required.
· 5+ years’ experience in managing pipelines and terminal or related field operations required.
· 3+ years managing and developing personnel required.
· Significant program implementation experience required.
· Significant technical troubleshooting experience required within petroleum or petrochemical-related assets.
· Up to 40% travel.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Certificates & Licenses:
· Valid driver’s license in the state of employment
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Individuals must have the knowledge and ability to analyze and solve personnel, team and pipeline and terminal operations and maintenance problems to be successful in this position.
· The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. There is a significant amount of interpersonal activity and diplomatic skills are a necessity.
· The individual must possess leadership abilities and promote a team environment.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
Additional Pertinent Information:
· This role is considered a senior leadership role for the Buckeye South District and the intent is for this position to progress to more senior level leadership roles within the district and/or organization
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are
paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, and improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern, mid-western and southern portions of the United States.