CONTRACT/TEMPORARY Project COST CONTROL ANALYST
Founded over 128 years ago, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Contract/Temporary Project Cost Control Analyst with experience in project cost controls preferably construction projects in the Oil & Gas Industry to support our Engineering & Construction Services Project
team for 6-9 months!
Contract Resource Need Defined
Buckeye Partners would like to secure a contract resource to assist with Project and Program Administration on Capital and Maintenance Expense Programs. This contract resources would be responsible for assisting the Project Managers in tracking and updating
project financials, updating Primavera; and completing updates to Primavera data cleanup and reporting. This contract resources would work with the Finance Team to coordinate administrative closure on projects, with the Enterprise PMO to ensure data entry
and validation are complete, and support the project managers in cost control and schedule maintenance within JDE and Primavera.
The Project Cost Control Analyst role is responsible for supporting the Project Manager and the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) with overall project management support activities. The Project Cost Control Analyst is the individual who will assist
with administrative Primavera efforts within the assigned Office. The Project Cost Control Analyst requires a detailed approach to task completion, strong organization skills, positive relationship and communication skills, and a general understanding of data
entry quality and project data validation techniques.
- Analytical skills, to gather and format data in an understandable consistent manner
- Technical Writing skills, to capture meeting notes and communicate effectively in written form
- Financial data analytic skills to work with the vast array of project financial information
- Interpersonal skills, to work with and add value to the project teams
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Project Support. Coordination with the ePMO to assist project managers with establishing projects in JDE, updating financial and schedule forecasting, utilizing cost tracking tools for data entry and reporting.
o Work closely within project team and managers on cost forecasts, reporting, cost controls and project control systems in compliance with Buckeye’s guidelines and process
o Process purchase orders, sole source, change orders and job books.
o Conducted all accounting duties, such as accounts receivables, accounts payables, budgets, cost coding, and expenses.
· AFE / Budget Coordination. Assist the PM in collection of data necessary to complete the AFE for workflow processing. Coordinate data collection with SMEs, confirm adherence to the AFE Policy, and collect information as needed by the Finance Team
o Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date project schedule and cost forecast.
· Project Information Resource Manual (PIRM). Ensure adherence to the PIRM, serving as a reference for Project Managers on the application of the PIRM
· Primavera. Working with the ePMO to ensure validation of required project data, report and dashboard formats, and assisting with the administration for the assigned District
· Audits. Assisting with periodic audits of project data to assess compliance and availability of data for KPI reporting, identifying areas of project management processes that require further development and providing feedback to the ePMO to address
o Responsible for implementing and maintaining project documentation and data coordination controls.
o Manage the control, distribution and filing of documents according to established procedures.
o Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards
· Process Improvements. Assisting the ePMO with the rollout and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to achieve project management methodology improvements, such as earned value analysis, schedule risk assessment, and contract management.
· Metrics. Assisting with Data Entry, Data Validation, and Reporting of project metric information used by the ePMO and the Districts to assess project execution performance and to identifying requirements for further investigation, including the
creation and collection of additional metrics
· Sets up and manages support functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication.
· Produces consolidated reporting to the Project Manager and DPM, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred
· Monthly Project Forecast Data Entry, Data Validation & Accruals Posting in JDE
· Coordinate the posting of monthly accruals with Accounting
· Update Project Actuals in OPPM from Cognos Report or Insight Application
· Work with Property Accounting to Follow up on Project Closure Process – Complete administrative closure of the project (i.e. close POs, complete Invoice processing, coordinate RITAs compeltion)
· Coordinate Update of Program Level Reporting and OPPM Scorecards / Dashboards
· OPPM Program and Portfolio Data Administration
· Coordinate Project, Program, and Portfolio Status Distribution
· Reviews project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
· Manages the Project Library
· Project Administration Support as needed
· And other duties as assigned.
· B.S. Degree in Business/Finance preferred
· 1+ year of Project Coordination / Cost Controls experience is desired with experience in engineering / construction projects preferred
· An understanding of project management stage gate methodologies would be beneficial.
· Experience with the oil & gas industry is also preferred.
· Experience with JDE Financials, ADP Invoice Processing, Primavera (P6) and Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management is preferred.
Certificates & Licenses:
· CAPM or PMP Certification preferred (or in the application stage of processing) , but not required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· A strong commitment to safety is expected.
· Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to facilitate team meetings effectively
· Strong organizational skills and the capability to meet scheduled deadlines when implementing multiple initiatives