Founded over 128 years ago, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® "2016 Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “2016 Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees
with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their
first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Pipeliner with experience in terminal, pipeline or plant operations with general knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pipeline and terminal facilities in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level
The Pipeliner role is responsible for participating in formal training to learn the policies and procedures related to Buckeye terminal and pipeline operations, specifically the successful maintenance and repair of equipment and pipeline and terminal facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Pipeline and Terminal Operations. Maintaining and repairing of pipeline and terminal facilities keeping in good working order and acceptable appearance. Includes valve inspections, cutting and threading pipe, bolting and unbolting flanges, pipe
line coating application, scraper tracking, operation of 101 machines, etc.
· Right of Way. Supporting damage prevention program including One Calls, Right of Way investigations and maintenance, 3rd Party Crossings, Property Owner awareness activities, as required.
· Regulatory Compliance. Staying aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the Company can assure compliance. Ensure that management is apprised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding
regulatory compliance including environmental, health and safety.
· Customer Service. Maintaining a good relationship with all customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required.
· Documentation. Maintaining accurate and appropriate documentation on all work performed.
· Emergency Response. Assisting in responding to Emergency Response activities as required.
· Cathodic Protection. Developing a basic understanding of Cathodic Protection theory, including inspecting Cathodic Protection systems for tanks, performing corrosion probes, installing and maintaining test leads, taking Cathodic Protection measurements
and inspecting and testing insulating devices, as required
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Related experience in terminal, pipeline or plant operations required.
· General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is required.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
· Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
· This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
· Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.