Apprentice Terminal Operator (Buckeye Texas Operations)
Founded over 128 years ago, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® "2017 Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “2018 Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees
with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate and be a significant contributor from their
first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Terminal Operator with experience in refinery, terminal or pipeline operations to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level
The Terminal Operator role is responsible for safely and efficiently managing all process operations within assigned area (terminals, docks, railcar, truck loading/unloading, tank farm, pressurized or refrigerated LPG storage, and/or pipeline operations)
according to Shift Manager instructions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Operations. Serving as the key player for various operational areas including terminals, docks, railcar, truck loading/unloading, tank farm, pressurized or refrigerated LPG storage, and/or pipeline operations. Executing processing operations at
the designated operational facility, including intermediate stream disposition, tank certification and product availability, monitoring process variables and laboratory analysis to make Operating decisions and overseeing Facility Operations reports on Yield,
Equipment Reliability Operating Envelopes, Energy Management, oil movements and Product Inventory.
· Daily Job Duties. Aligning product receipt and deliveries, sampling products, conducting and overseeing routine inspections for compliance with company, industry and government standards, monitoring the pressurized storage process by ensuring continuous
flow into the refrigerated tanks and assisting other operators when circumstances require it during upsets, preparation of equipment for maintenance, etc.
· Safety and Compliance. Executing operations safely on all facilities while maintaining safety, reliability, profitability and product quality, serving as the key player in obtaining a Zero injury safety initiative and Safe and reliable Process Unit
Operations and effectively implementing the safety program and the use of all related tools.
· Emergency Response. Participating as Process Emergency Response Team to act promptly in case of emergencies, participating in weekly safety meetings with and participating periodic emergency response drills and discussions and reviewing periodic
revisions of Operating procedures, including Critical Task and Special procedures and Emergency Planning and Preparedness.
· Reliability. Ensuring Equipment Reliability Operating envelopes are closely followed during and that requires data is recorded and reviewed, preparing Work Orders including those for Emergency work, reporting and helping analyze equipment failures
with Maintenance Technicians and provides information necessary to conduct root cause analysis and preparing and following up on Operating Envelope deviations.
· Personnel and training. Attending mandatory trainings and Firefighting training and assisting and mentoring teammates as needed.
· Internal Control. Ensuring that all control requirements (API/local regulations, DOT) are applied consistently).
· And other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· 5-10 years of experience in refinery or Terminal operations
· Ability to work comfortably and safely in the proximity to open water
· Ability to climb ladders (approx. 50 feet) and work comfortably and safely at heights for extended periods of time.
Certificates & Licenses:
· Eligibility for TWIC card as dictated by facility and governmental regulations
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Strong leadership skills.
· Safety oriented
· Good communication skills.
· Creative and analytical problem solving.
· Strong initiative and dependability
· Ability to work 12 hours shifts
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.