Contract Project Controls Administrator
Founded in 1886 Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater
span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Contract Project Controls Administrator
with experience in project cost controls preferably construction projects in the Oil & Gas Industry to support our Asset Integrity Program Team.
The Project Controls Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to projects within the Engineering and Construction Services (E&CS) department. This includes processing and troubleshooting requisitions and invoices, reviewing project
spend with the Project Manager each month and capturing accruals, project status notes and updating the project forecast. Additional duties may include AFE processing, document control, report generation and others as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Project Lifecycle Support. Support projects from inception to close-out. Compile and enter AFEs for review and approval. Enter MOCs or other work-orders. Submit re-classes to Accounting for any errors or to move project cost from feasibility to
full funding. Close work orders and purchase orders at the end of a project. Support Job Book creating and timely completion.
· Requisitions and Purchase Orders. Enter Requisitions and Change Orders for all assigned projects. Ensure POs are approved in a timely manner and fall within the Project Budget. Alert the Project Manager if a PO will overrun the budget or if a PO
has been fully depleted.
· Invoicing. Review, code and troubleshoot invoices. Complete receipts for material and services in JDE.
· Systems. Be an expert in all Buckeye systems including JDE, OPPM, Cognos, ADP/Open Invoice, etc. Complete updates to project notes in OPPM. Generate project cost reports from Cognos and JDE. Enter receipts, print POs, enter requisitions etc, in
JDE. Process invoices in ADP.
· Project Cost Control. Track project costs on a monthly basis through reports using Cognos. Work with the Project Manager to collect required accruals from un-approved invoices, contractor progress reports and other completed work. Submit all accruals
to accounting based on accounting calendar. Work with the Project Manager to update the project forecast each month.
· Collaboration. Collaborate with other Buckeye teams including Accounting, Supply Chain, and E&CS to support projects.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School education required
· A.S. / B.S. Degree in Business/Finance /Accounting preferred
· 1+ year of Project Coordination / Cost Controls experience is desired with experience in engineering / construction projects preferred
· Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
· Experience with the oil & gas industry preferred
· Experience with OPPM, JDE, ADP (invoice processing) preferred
Certificates & Licenses:
· CAPM or PMP Certification desirable
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· A strong commitment to safety is expected
· Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to facilitate team meetings effectively
· Strong organizational skills and the capability to meet scheduled deadlines when implementing multiple initiatives