|Posting Expiration Date
||Assistant Production Manager
||3311 Industrial Drive
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for assisting the Production Manager in organizing and supervising work in the Production Department. Performs other duties as required and reports to the Production Manager or Operations Manager.
- Monitors and recommends changes in work methods and/or equipment usage to improve labor utilization, production efficiency and department expenses.
- Conducts new hire and ongoing training in all production departments.
- Consults with engineering, sales and service management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for execution of company production policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that standards for production, quality, housekeeping and safety are met.
- Responsible for adherence to department budgets, as well as hiring, discipline and employee relations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, attend meetings and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Have a minimum of two years of business management experience in a production environment with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and being a team player.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
- Occasionally, to visit customers or possibly to attend training meetings.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.