|Posting Expiration Date
||Route Sales Rep 5/8 Commission
Exempt for Base plus Commission routes, Non-Exempt for hourly routes.
The Route Sales Representative meets our customers needs through up-selling/cross-selling and provides superior customer service through proactively managing all route responsibilities. Performs other duties as required. Reports to the District Manager.
- Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
- Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding installation of new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service. Performance goals must be met on a regular basis.
- Ensure customer loyalty, retention and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles
and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
- Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license, CDL when applicable.
- Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend
and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
- Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, climbing stairs, moving carts up to 500 lbs, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.